Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday - Daniela

All You Get Is Me by Yvonne Prinz

Release Date: January 1, 2011

Summary: What happens when a city girl is transplanted onto a ramshackle organic farm in the middle of nowhere? Everything.

Sixteen-year-old Roar has been yanked from her city life and suddenly she’s a farm girl, albeit a reluctant one, selling figs at the farmers' market and developing her photographs in a rickety shed. And then she witnesses a crime that will throw the whole community into an uproar. Caught among the lure of a troublemaking friend, her love for a brooding boy, and her complicated feelings about her father’s human rights crusade, Roar is going to have to tackle it all. And with a camera around her neck, she’s capturing it all, too. (Summary provided by Goodreads)



I’m really excited to see that Yvonne Prinz is putting out a new YA novel early next year. After reading The Vinyl Princess earlier this summer and unexpectingly loving it (click here to see my review), I’ve been setting myself up to become an Yvonne Prinz completist, which means that I’ll certainly have to check out her newest effort, All You Get Is Me.

I think everything about this book’s plot sounds like I’m going to enjoy it: the photography pastime, the brooding boy, the organic farm. I’ll also keep my fingers crossed that the protagonist in this novel (just like Allie from The Vinyl Princess) will be somewhat of a musicologist too. I must also add that Yvonne Prinz (or possibly her publisher) has a real knack for picking really lovely book covers, don’t you agree?


*Waiting on Wednesday is an ingenious idea hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine.

No comments:

Post a Comment