Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy New Year!


I’m no good at lists.  Oh, sure I like making them at work or when I go to the grocery store, but in terms of looking back at 2010?  Trying to sum up an entire year in reading, TV, movies, or whatever, it makes my head hurt.

Don’t get me wrong.  I love reading everyone else’s lists.  Write Meg! has a great top five list and The Perpetual Page-Turner has a great End of 2010 Survey that makes me wish December hadn’t been such an incredibly crazy month work- and life-wise so I could have participated myself and given it the time and attention it deserved, but, alas, it’s time to look ahead to 2011. 

I’m not big on challenges (mostly because the idea of picking a book for a challenge requires way to much forethought), but Goodreads has a great, sort of "make your own" type challenge that even I can handle…I think. 

I’ve committed to read 100 books in 2011.  It's a fairly daunting number, but I had hoped to reach 100 in 2010.  Sadly, I fell just 18 books short of my goal, so here’s hoping I can hit the triple digits in this new year!

Mostly though, I’m resolved to recommit myself to blogging and posting more than just straight reviews because the best thing about book blogs, as I’ve been discovering as I’ve gotten familiar with the book blog community, is getting to know the blogger, discover new books, and get a little insight into the book world.

What about you?  Any reading goals for 2011?  Any "bookish" resolutions?  Anything you loved/hated from 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment