Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday...Plus a Brand New Lit Snit-er!

Lots to talk about today.   

First and foremost I want to introduce our newest Lit Snit-er, Christy!   Christy, of course, is a big reader (like us) and she’s been listening to my literary snits since college (actually, I believe the first inclination that we’d be longtime friends was that we bonded over our junior high love of L.J. Smith while waiting in line for many sorority rush parties.  Some girls were primping...we were talking YA.  Clearly we were the only ones that had our priorities straight).  She’s got an eclectic reading tastes and loves all things book-related so I know she’ll be a great addition to Lit Snit.

She’ll be posting her review for Juliet by Anne Fortier tomorrow so be sure to stop by and welcome her!

In other news, we’ve been known to read our share of YA here at Lit Snit so I thought I’d take a second to mention TeenReads’ book awards.  They’re currently taking nominations for your favorite books of 2010.  I know I’m going to stop by to nominate Courtney Summers’ Some Girls Are, Jandy Nelson’s The Sky is Everywhere, and my latest fave Antony John’s Five Flavors of Dumb.  Be sure to nominate your favorite YAs of 2010 as well!

Last, but not least, the return of Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!


Beauty Queens
Release date: May 24, 2011

Synopsis: From bestselling, Printz Award-winning author Libba Bray, the story of a plane of beauty pageant contestants that crashes on a desert island. 

Teen beauty queens. A "Lost"-like island. Mysteries and dangers. No access to email. And the spirit of fierce, feral competition that lives underground in girls, a savage brutality that can only be revealed by a journey into the heart of non-exfoliated darkness. Oh, the horror, the horror! Only funnier. With evening gowns. And a body count.


I was a huge fan of Libba Bray's Gemma Doyle trilogy so when you mix an awesome author like her, a "'Lost-like island,'" beauty queens gone savage, plus that incredible cover, I'm so totally in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment