Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday--Janelle

Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers
St. Martin’s Griffin
Release Date: December 21, 2010

 Summary (via Goodreads): When Eddie Reeves’s father commits suicide her life is consumed by the nagging question of why? Why when he was a legendary photographer and a brilliant teacher? Why when he had a daughter who loved him more than anyone else in the world? When she meets Culler Evans, a former student of her father’s and a photographer himself, an instant and dangerous attraction begins. He seems to know more about her father than she does and could possibly hold the key to the mystery surrounding his death. But Eddie’s vulnerability has weakened her and Culler Evans is getting too close. Her need for the truth keeps her hanging on… but some questions should be left unanswered.

About 4 or 5 months ago, I was in Borders with Erin trying to decide which Sarah Dessen book I should buy (It was an intense internal discussion!) when Erin plucked Courtney Summers’ Some Girls Are off the shelf and said “You should buy this one instead.” I’m not going to lie…I hadn’t read a whole lot of YA and, to be honest, I wasn’t exactly excited to read what I thought would be another version of Mean Girls. Still, I bought it because she told me “If you don’t like it, I’ll reimburse you.” (Later on, she clarified she would reimburse me in friendship…ha! :D )

Erin, as usual, was spot on.

I loved Some Girls Are. It was an honest, raw depiction of what girls in high school can really be like—she didn’t sugarcoat anything. This is why I’m excited about Fall for Anything. I know I can expect a genuine, edgy, and slightly uncomfortable but entertaining read.

*Waiting on Wednesday is an ingenious idea hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine.

No comments:

Post a Comment